St. Martin de Porres Hospital, Eikwe as a health institution seeks to strengthen and improve on the health status and the spiritual well being of all people especially those living in the Eikwe Sub District.

The Hospital was established in 1959 by the Archdiocese of Cape Coast. It operated in the mid 1930ís as a Maternity Home & Orphanage. It has since grown to become a General Hospital with a bed complement of 175, providing a range of specialised and other services. The facility has since its establishment, and until today, been managed by a religious community, and in the last ten years with lay professional persons. Since 1970 its managers have partnered with the Catholic Diocese of Sekondi/Takoradi in the Western Region of Ghana after the creation of the diocese, in running the facility.

The Coast
Maternity
Staff